5 Simple Steps to Organize A Closet
- EMPTY IT OUT - Take everything out and start from scratch. Once there is nothing in your closet, take this time to clean the drawers and the rods.
- CLEAN OUT - Anything you haven't worn in a year is just taking up space. Donate it and move forward.
- INVEST - Buy velvet slim hangers and baskets. These slim hangers take up less space. For my daughters' closet I put their shoes in baskets. Baskets are a great way to make everything look tidy.
- CATEGORIZE - Divide your closet in different sections. (Pants, Skirts, Tops, Dresses, Sweaters, etc.) For my eldest daughter, I put all her dresses on the top rack and I put her everyday clothes on the bottom rack. I do this so she can access her everyday clothes.
- COLOR COORDINATE - Within each section color coordinate the items. Color Coordinating makes the closet look fresh and neat.
SHOP MY POST
Clips for Hangers:
Storage Bags for Drawers: