How to Care for Hydrangeas
Easy steps to care for your hydrangeas:
- Strip most of the leaves off of cut hydrangea stems. I usually leave one leave to make the arrangement prettier.
- Cut the hydrangeas stems to desired length.
- Smash the very bottom of each stem.
- Dip each stem into boiling water for 30 seconds. Hydrangeas produce a sap that clogs their stems, not allowing water to travel upward.
- Immediately put them into a vase with room temperature water.
- Replace water everyday.
Enjoy your hydrangeas longer!